A step in the New York City subway that everyone trips on

Brooklyn-based filmmaker Dean Peterson noticed recently that people were constantly stumbling on the same stair as they came out the subway at his stop. It turns out that step is a fraction of an inch taller than the rest…

He posted this video to Reddit yesterday where it hit the front page and has since spread to other large sites. Whether or not all this attention made a difference, I don’t know, but now the stairway is closed off

Read more: http://twentytwowords.com/a-step-in-the-new-york-city-subway-that-everyone-trips-on/

Get Amazing Stories Daily!

Signup now and receive an email once I publish new content.

8 responses to “A step in the New York City subway that everyone trips on”

1. Clara says:

One of the men tripping on that stair was carrying a baby. Bore me later with your griping.

2. Medi says:

Cool Story Bro

3. Beth N. says:

There is a staircase at my sister’s that has one slightly shallower step (front to back.) I slipped on that step going down regularly until my brother-in-law measured it and we realized why. It’s still shallow – I’m just more attentive.

4. Kay A. Ess says:

By bringing public attention to this nuisance, he increased the city’s libility, which resulted in the quick action. Hope they actually fix it as quickly.

5. Jasmine says:

bhahaha I was thinking the same thing.

6. Carr says:

You’re missing the benefit: A lot of those people actually started going faster when they tripped. Those last few steps were a breeze once they started thinking they were going to climb them with their faces.Seriously, though, it’s the little things like this about about our world and bodies that I find fascinating.

7. Marci says:

Sheldon said that one time on Big Bang Theory, I think if the stair is off by more than 1/8 of an inch people will trip.

8. Stanish says:

It’s actually not the stair, it’s a subway ghost that keeps shoving people.